- REPAIR: 2
This is, essentially, an enormous chainsaw built to be wielded as a sword. Whether it's powered by a solar furnace in the hilt, astral tides, elemental forces, or simply fluxes through natural silver instability, it writhes with edges. Though a normal chainsaw makes a poor weapon, due to the relatively slow speed of the links and a teeth shaped more for a steady cut than a brutal swipe, the chainklaive's teeth are less patient, and thus it gains the following additional benefits over a normal daiklave:
- Weapons and armor that are not of at least Exceptional quality are destroyed by this weapon on impact; an attempt to parry with such equipment fails, and destroys the equipment - either the shield or the weapon, at the attacker's choice. A successful blow against someone armored in such equipment mangles and destroys it. This does not apply to weapons or armor enhanced by, produced by, or used with charms.
- The teeth rasp against not only natural defenses, but also supernatural defenses. If the wielder spends 2 motes, then for the rest of the scene, the cost of all Charms to defend against attacks from this blade increase by 1 mote.
- The sword can also function as a normal chainsaw, cutting through one foot of wood, four inches of stone or up to a half-inch of iron per second. If the wielder spends 2 motes, then for the rest of the scene, it carves through wood instantly and can cut through a foot of stone or two inches of iron per second; it can even laboriously carve through six inches of magical materials over the course of a minute, but this is so damaging to the chainklave that it is considered to have gone without maintenance for 10 hours overdue for every inch of magical materials it cuts through.
- A chainklave has space for a single hearthstone.
- See also Magical Materials and Artifacts.
|Speed||Accuracy||Damage||Defense||Rate||Range||Min Str||Min Dex||Min MA||Tags|