World of Warcraft RPG
The World of Warcraft RPG is based on Blizzard Entertainment's computer massively-multiplayer roleplaying game World of Warcraft (as well as the earlier strategy games set in the same universe). The setting is that of the world of Azeroth, In which an Alliance of native beings has spent the last several decades under siege by beings from other planes; first the Orcs, followed by the Burning Legion and the Undead.
To date there are twelve titles released or announced in the series.
- Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game (2003)
- Superceded by World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game. This book is presented as being a Dungeons and Dragons setting book, unlike later titles which are presented under the Open Game License.
- Manual of Monsters (2003)
- Alliance and Horde Compendium (2003)
- Magic and Mayhem (2004)
- Lands of Conflict (20 Sep 2004)
- Shadows and Light (29 Nov 2004)
- World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game (27 Jun 2005)
- While this uses the same basic ruleset as Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, the changes are significant enough that a conversion guide was issued online.
- More Magic and Mayhem (14 Nov 2005)
- Lands of Mystery (3 Apr 2006)
- Alliance Player's Guide (28 Jun 2006)
- Horde Player's Guide (forthcoming 15 Nov 2006)
- World of Warcraft Monster Guide (forthcoming 31 Jan 2007)