Daeva are a clan of Vampires known for being emotional, sensual and disireable. Sexual predators and sensual hedonists alike populate the ranks of theses succubi-seducers. Among Kindred historians, the Daeva are suspected of being one of the oldest clans of the Damned. Their moniker suggests a Persian mythological origin, and their abilities suggest that they could be related to the demons from which they take their name. A few ancient writings suggest that the progenator of the line was a Kindred known as Aesma Daeva, but Vampiric scholars debate whether this individual was actually undead or the writings draw comparisons to the Persian demon of lust and anger. The name "Daeva" predates the commonly accepted origin point of Kindred society, generally understood to parallel the ascension of Rome. Certainly, some incarnation of the Daeva existed before then, but whether they had their own society or were merely a rabble of lust-crazed revenants is unkown. After the rise of Rome, the Daeva had become an inextricable part of Kindred society, and vampiric history shows that they were very active in the Camarilla, the first known social contract of the undead.
- Majesty: Clan Daeva's special discipline, Majesty is the key to supernaturally imposed attraction, and the source of the Clan's reputation as Succubi.
- Celerity: The discipline of enchanced movement embodies the Daeva's swiftness and elegance.
- Vigor: Granting Kindred superhuman strength, this discipline helps define the Daeva's motif of physical perfection.
Currently there are twenty-three (23) known Daeva bloodlines listed below:
- Amara Havana - The Guardians leave bloody marks on all that they touch. Their blood is a powerful weapon through their 'Sakti Pata' discipline - turning their own vitae into venom or solid weaponry.
- Anvari - The Pushers gain little sustenance from feeding from non-drug affected victims, but their 'Nepenthe' helps them seek their preferred food sources or even subject others to the cravings and effects of a drug-obsessed junkie.
- Asnâm - Egotistical Kindred who truly believe themselves living gods. A clan predominantly associated with the Circle of the Crone.
- Californian Xiao - This Sect dislike socializing. Their 'Kingjan' discipline destroys emotional attachments in their victims; making them vulnerable to manipulation.
- Carnival - Freaks who travel 'circus-style'. Their clan discipline, 'The Show', allows them to further increase their freakishness to bizarre effects.
- Children of Judas - Sadists that take pleasure in the misery of others. Their 'Despond' discipline infects others with despair and can even embrace suicide (dead) mortals into Kindred.
- Duchagne - Fickle Kindred who despise repetition. They manipulate the senses of others with their unique 'Licencieux' discipline.
- En - The Emperors desire power and use 'Dominate' to achieve it. Self-centered and focused, they suffer greatly when socializing in situations they lack experience in.
- Erzsébet - The Cavaliers need to rest in torpor every 10-years or else sluffer from aging. In turn they gain 'Auspex' granting them great wisdom as they Wither over the ages.
- Gulikan - The Bloodhounds each obsess over the scent of a specific type of mortals, and use their blood to produce intoxicating perfumes with their 'Ortam' discipline.
- Kallisti - An Invictus Bloodline, the Ravagers suffer from narcissism and are unable to form Vinculum in other Kindred, yet their 'Perfidy' discipline allows them to encourage sin in others and to destroy loyalties.
- Kinnaree - The Fawns perceive with 'Auspex' but are prone to great anger and must take great restraint to avoid riding the wave of their Beast.
- Malintzin - The Traitors must maintain a reason that justifies their importance to rise each night. Fortunately, being able to use 'Dominate', this can be relatively easy to establish.
- Mortifiers of the Flesh - Non-exclusive to Daeva, the Flagellants punish themselves whenever they feed or suffer doubt but control pain through their 'Scourge' discipline - dulling their own hurt and/or increasing the agony in others.
- Naditu - The Whores use their 'Auspex' to seek an individual of great standing whom the Naditu devotes their service to following.
- Nelapsi - Gluttons ravenously feed each night just to rise the next. The use 'Nightmare' Disciplines and have a number of unique 'Devotions'.
- Septemi - The Passionate require great restraint when refusing to do what they consider to be 'Right'. Their 'Abjurism' discipline opposes all supernatural phenomena - rendering any affected by it to be reduced to the level of mortals.
- Spina - An Invictus Bloodline, the Barbs are courteous Kindred who despise rudeness. Their 'Courtoisie' discipline turn their spoken words into weapons capable of distraction or even physical injury.
- Tianpàn Xiao - Emotionally unstable, the Sirens use their 'Xinyao' discipline to inspire emotional extremes and/or reactions in others.
- Toreador - These Patrons master both heart and mind with the 'Dominate' discipline. Art fanatics, each can become fixated when made witness to their chosen passion.
- Zelani - A Carthian Bloodline, and a recently formed one, the Zelani refuse to enter any domain uninvited. Their 'Serendipity' Discipline gives them 'seemingly' unexplainable luck and fortune, allowing them to adapt to near any circumstance.
These bloodlines are canon, but no official mechanics yet exist for them:
- Amrita Bhaga: Sensuous and elegant, this almost entirely female bloodline serves the gods of love and pleasure, often choosing to present themselves as avatars of the beneficent goddesses of art and music.
- Maxtla: Tlacopán-descended governor-priests
- Murales: Aztec-styled communists and Diego Rivera wannabes who mystically coerce mortals through public art
- Platina: a small bloodline of wealthy silver barons who draw their members from a tithe of first-born sons from a single mortal family
Those Daeva who have made an impact on the world.
- Anulka, founder of The Carnival bloodline.
- Sepehr Anvari, founder of the Anvari bloodline.
- Atiqua Azad, founder of the Asnâm bloodline.
- Pearl Chastain, councillor of New Orleans.
- Garcilaso de Castillejo, founder of the Toreador bloodline.
- Monica Paez de Roa, Prince of Mexico City.
- Eglatina and Albaric Duchagne, founders of the Duchagne bloodline.
- Eumathius, founder of the Gulikan bloodline.
- Janko, founder of the Children of Judas bloodline.
- Malintzinita, founder of the Malintzin bloodline and Prince of Mexico City.
- Antoine Savoy, lord of the Quartier Français of New Orleans.
- Xiao Jun Jie, founder of the California Xiao bloodline.
- Xiao Tianpàn, founder of the Tianpàn Xiao bloodline.
- Lorna Zelan, founder of the Zelani bloodline.
You can find out more about Vampire the Requiem here, and buy the Core Rulebook, which includes everything you need to know about the Daeva here. Additional information can be found in the Daeva clan book, Kiss of the Succubus: Daeva.
Amara Havana · Anvari · Asnâm · The Carnival · Children of Judas · Duchagne · En · Erzsébet · Eupraxus · Gulikan · Kallisti · Kinnaree · Malintzin · Mortifiers of the Flesh · Naditu · Nelapsi · Septemi · Spina · Toreador · Xiao · Zelani