|Authors:||Bjørn T. Boe, Travis-Jason Feldstein, Christopher Kobar and Dean Shomshak.|
|Storyteller Game System:||Mark Rein•Hagen|
|Art Direction:||Richard Thomas|
|Artists:||Michael Gaydos, Andrew Trabbold, Christopher Shy, Vince Locke, Matt Mitchell, Guy Davis, Drew Tucker, Josh Timbrook|
|Cover Art:||William O'Connor|
|Publisher:||White Wolf Publishing, Inc.|
|Imprint:||White Wolf Game Studio|
|Published:||January 14, 2004|
|Reference #:||ISBN 1-58846-246-3|
Gehenna is the final book for Vampire: The Masquerade, part of the Time of Judgement. It offers four different Gehenna scenarios and a wealth of other information to assist Storytellers in bringing the world of the Kindred to an end.
From the White Wolf catalog:
- The prophecies of Gehenna were true. The world teeters on the brink of an undead apocalypse, the night when the progenitors of the vampire race rise to consume their childer amid a rain of blood and fire. As the fated Armageddon for the Kindred arises, what can they do?
- FOR THE DAMNED
- Drawing the Vampire Line to a close, GEHENNA brings about the conclusion of Vampire's World of Darkness. Featuring a sliding scale which Storytellers can custom-tailer the events of The End to their own chronicles, this book places the final accounting for the curse of Cain in the hands of the players' characters.
Introduction: The Beginning of the End
Chapter One: The Final Nights
A series of more in-depth case studies on the state of play in the World of Darkness prior to Gehenna. As well as covering the various factions and powerful players on the world stage of the Jyhad, it also introduces the Withering and has general advice for Storytellers running a Gehenna chronicle.
Chapter Two: Wormwood
A Gehenna scenario in which God brings judgement on all vampires through Wormwood, destroying them utterly - except perhaps for a few Chosen who might survive.
Chapter Three: Fair is Foul
Chapter Four: Nightshade
A scenario in which an ancient vampire's awakening breaches the Masquerade, and the fight against it's evil occurs against a backdrop of mortal choas.
Chapter Five: The Crucible of God
In a reversal of the Nightshade scenario, this version of Gehenna begins with the end of the Masquerade, and the ensuing war between Kindred and Kine awakens the Antediluvians who seek to ascend to godhood...
Chapter Six: Storytelling
An in-depth discussion of how to run a Gehenna chronicle.
Stats and background for the major characters featured in each of the scenarios.
The First Vampire
A few words about Caine.
Ferox : A free Gargoyle and servant of God.
Alia : God's Messenger; a Dhampir.
John Trent : A Tremere doomsayer.
Ryder : A wandering Gangrel, and reformed diablerist.
Dr. Douglas Netchurch : Malkavian physician; the world's foremost authority on Kindred physiology.
Hesha Ruhadze : One of the most prominent Follwers of Set.
Jan Pieterzoon : Childe of the Ventrue elder Hardestadt; a pillar of the Camarilla.
Calebros : Nosferatu Prince of New York.
Sascha Vykos : Tzimisce scholar and warrior of Caine, a true believer of the Sabbat.
- Lilith, first wife of Adam.
- Caine, the first murderer and first vampire.
- All the Antediluvians, living or dead, but especially [Tzimisce] and Set.
The Time of Thin Blood, the Time of Judgement, Anthelios, the disappearance of Lucifer and release of the Fallen, the Withering, the Reckoning, the Week of Nightmares, the Sixth Great Maelstrom and just about anything else that has ever even vaguely pointed towards Gehenna.